Thursday, February 24, 2011

First puppy exams and more tomorrow

Pups go to their vet, Dr. Marty Greer, tomorrow for their first exams. They will also have their dew claws removed and their tails docked. Exams, dews and docking for schnauzers are usually done in the first 3-5 days after birth to minimize the stress on the pups.

I am always more than a bit sad when tail docking day comes around. As anyone who knows me can attest, I love schnauzer tails, especially puppy schnauzer tails.

I always take lots of puppy tail photos. I hope you enjoy some of the ones I've taken for Flute's pups in the posts below. There are more and video as well, but I am still quite sick and these were all I could manage to post for today. I will get some others up over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment