Friday, February 18, 2011

How many pups for Flute?

The Xray tells the tale (to the expert eye!).

During the ultrasound, Dr. Greer saw 5 pups for sure, but felt there may be 6 pups.

Dr. Greer was about to go into surgery but stopped to examine the Xray and give me the great news: Flute has "a bonus pup" and is expecting 7 pups!!

After that, the great reproductive vet techs showed me the skulls and corresponding spines for the 7 pups on the xray.

See if you can find all 7 skulls and spines in this reduced image.

It is so fun and exciting to examine puppy Xrays and try to trace where the pups are and how many pups are there. I have a friend who is so good at it that she has found pups that vets have missed, but Dr. Greer has never been wrong, so this time, I'd say that the count looks--and should be--right on.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like four of them are already pointing their heads towards the door out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! A bit scary, that. I think they may be racing for the door and won't wait until Monday. Flute did eat breakfast and her temperature is stable, so we'll just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete